Pinata Designs To Make A Horse Pinata
Make your own pinatas using these pinata designs.The pinata patterns explained in the pinata making section can help
in making a lot of different kinds of animal pinatas.
The basic method remains the same, making your paper mache
shape using one balloon for pinatas like the dolphin pinata or any fish pinata. And using 2 balloons for any kind
of animal pinatas. And decoarting these molds after they are completely dry.
There are two basic steps needed to make your own my little pony pinata - make the basic paper mache mold and
decorate it by adding parts like mane, snout, legs and tail.Theses are the materials needed to design your own
My Little Pony Pinata
- 2 balloons of 2 different sizes, one bigger than the second one
- 5 gift wrap rolls or paper towel rolls
- Masking tape and regular glue
- Paper mache
- Extra newsprint or newspaper - to sculpt the horse's snout and ears
- Acrylic or tempera paints
- Construction paper or fake fur or yarn, or twine - to make the tail and mane of your my little pony pinata
Design Your Own Animal Pinatas
Assemble the basic frame first
Make the mold
- Stuff each gift wrap or paper towel roll completely with newspaper.
This is to prevent them from collapsing as you apply the paper mache.
- Inflate one balloon all the way. Tape four rolls to it to so it looks like the balloon has legs.
Angle each leg slightly outward so the horse's body is stable and can stand up.
- Tape a paper towel roll near the top of the body to make the horse's neck.
- Inflate the second balloon, making sure it is smaller than the body. Tape it at the top of the horse's neck.
Add the snout and ears
- Cover the entire frame with at least two layers of paper mache.
paper mache recipe....check it here
- Let your pinata horse dry completely for 12 to 24 hours, depending on the humidity.
- Cut a small opening near the top of your horse's body - not its head and add candy. Put masking
tape over the opening.
Decorate your pinata horse and add a mane and tail
- To create the snout, take several sheets of newsprint or newspaper and crumple them into a shape
resembling a horse's face.
- As you are crumpling the paper, wrap long strips of masking
tape around the horse's face so it does not come undone.
- Using long strips of masking tape, attach the face to the mold.
- To create each ear, fold a sheet of newsprint or newspaper several times to create a
medium-sized triangle resembling a horse's ear.
- Tape each ear onto the horse's head.
- Apply at least two more layers of paper mache to your mold, covering the snout and ears,
as well as the opening that has been taped.
- Allow the mold to dry completely, for 12 to 24 hours.
To hang your pinata horse
- Decorate your pinata horse by painting it or attaching sheets of colored tissue paper.
- To make a mane, cut 4" x 8" strips of brown or black construction paper and fringe them. Tape or
glue them down the center of the horse's head.
You also have the option of creating a mane and tail with fake fur, yarn, or twine. These materials
should be attached to your mold with stronger glue such as rubber cement or a hot glue gun.These will
give a much better effect for the my little pony pinata than construction paper.
- To make
your horse's tail, cut a 4" x 12" strip of brown or black construction paper, and fringe it so it
resembles a tail. Tape or glue the tail to the horse's body.
- Mark 2 spots along the top of the mold and penetrate each of these with a pointed object such
that you can pass a cord through them. Tie the loose ends of the cord. Apply little glue to the holes
and make sure the glue is dry before you hang your pinata horse.
Enjoy your creations of different pinata designs and have fun playing pinata!