Its great craft activity for a quite and lazy afternoon with your preschooler. All the ingredients you need are household.
Here are the ingredients -
How to make Paper Mache?
- Paper - Old Newspaper cut in strips or rectangles of size 3" x 3" will do a great job
- Flour - Any flour would work fine
- Papier Mache Form - You can use almost anything right from cardboard boxes, shoe boxes to balloons.
Papier Mache Recipe #1
- Cut the newspaper in 3" x 3" size or cut them in strips.
- Next, make the paste.
- Mix well to get out all of the lumps. Add a few tablespoons of salt to help prevent mould.
- You may consider adding a little bit of cinnamon to your paste to make it smell better.
- Dip the paper or strip of paper into the prepared paste.
- Stick the paper square over the form of papier mache you want and smooth it over with your fingers.
- Cover the form you wish to use in at least 2 layers of paper.
- Let the form dry completely. It may take anywhere between 12-24 hours for it to dry completely.
For this, take one part flour to two parts water. Mix the flour and water together until you have a consistency that is a bit runny.
Place the paper over the paste bowl and squeeze out the excess paste.
Papier Mache Recipe #2
This recipe differs from the one above only in the making of paste to be used.
For this recipe, all you need is 3/4 cup regular glue and 1/4 cup water. Mix these together until smooth and combined. Use this instead of the paste mentioned above.
Related Indoor Games For Kids Pages
Teddy Bear Activities
Return from Paper Mache Recipe to Fun Kids Games
Some good information, thanks for sharing! There are so many inappopriate places for kids on the web it's good to know some that are educational, fun and safe.
Thank you very much for your info.
I found your site and LOVE it - it's truly one of the best out there...I
think your site is great...
I am a grade one teacher and enjoy your great web source for